Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Rolling with the punches (Day 86)

My husband was supposed to pick up his computer this afternoon, so we took advantage of the forced break in his schedule and went for a very long walk, with a break to get brunch or whatever you want to call a very late breakfast. It was a beautiful day in Boston, but you'll just have to believe me because I was enjoying being with my husband so much that I didn't stop to take pictures.

We picked our son up from class and then went to Microcenter to pick up his computer. When he told me that the tech had told him that they fixed it even though they didn't know what the problem had been, I snickered and told him that he'd be bringing it back. I was wrong--he didn't even get to leave with it. He can turn it on just fine, but he can only sometimes connect to the internet. Please try doing work on a computer without connecting to the internet. Right. They'll let him know when they've figured it out. In the meantime, he'll be renting a station at one of those workplaces, which is just great.

While waiting in line to buy my son a snack, I glanced at the magazine selection. They cover an eclectic mix of topics, including art, hardware, stocks and finance, cooking, logic games--and guns.

Garden and Gun, the Soul of the South. Alrighty then.

Well, I guess we know who Microcenter's target audience is. But, um, they're still better than Amazon...right?

Deb in the City




1 comment: