Monday, April 1, 2024

One way to get you (Day 71)

Last week, as I was making a hardboiled egg for my son, I remarked to my husband that before I would have felt a pang of jealousy that other people in my family could eat a compact source of protein while I could not; eggs are just not my friend. My husband wanted to know just how bad it was, and to everything I said, he replied that might be solved by getting rid of the egg yolk. 

He finally agreed to go to the nutritionfacts.org website, and he was probably most disturbed by the video about egg health claims and the USDA. Basically, eggs are so unhealthy that the USDA won't let you say they are at all if you want to use any federal money for your ad campaign. You can't even say they're nutritious.

My husband has been avoiding eggs since then, but I'm wondering why I thought they were healthy at all. Because I remember reading that they were...in women's interests magazines, in statements by personal trainers, registered dieticians, and maybe even some doctors. Yeah...I'm sure none of those people were paid for their statements. 

Deb in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment