Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Off-track, and I'm okay with it (Day 94)

I have a goal of transcribing one-thousand words a day during the week. I gave myself a walk on Monday because it was the first night of Passover, which means there was a lot of cleaning and cooking. I gave myself another break on Tuesday because it was my anniversary and if my husband was going to take the day off, so was I. I was did plan on resuming today, but instead I spent three (3) hours on the phone with Mass Health. Not for me, but for someone else, and in the middle of the ordeal I cried (and that's not something I ordinarily do on administrative calls). The issue is resolved now, but the executive branch of Massachusetts should be ashamed of itself. Needless to say, I didn't get transcribing done today, either.

I am happy to get back to it tomorrow--I legitimately look forward to it--but I'm not going to try to make up for lost time, because it occurs to me that, at least in this instance, that's just another way to lose more time.

In slightly related new, I am officially over vegan ice cream, so over it that if someone offered me a way to eat "real" ice cream, I wouldn't be interested. I needed a comfort food (see above), but for the last three months every time I've had ice cream I've felt disappointed and empty. I asked my husband what I should substitute, and we ended up coming to rice pudding (with dates and not sugar, thank you). That's something that can be served both warm or cold, and there's a lot you can do to dress it up. And, not for nothing, much less expensive than a jaunt to my local ice cream shop. I think they'll be okay without my business.

Deb in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment