Monday, April 22, 2024

First Night of Passover (Day 92)

Tonight was the first night of passover, which means I've been planning for a week and spent a couple of hours cleaning and cooking for a small dinner with my husband and two of our children. I'd have pictures except I was too busy doing things. 

We had a very brief hunger- and labor-themed seder before we ate. I had intentionally overcooked so we were all full, but now I have lentil kofta stew and kugel left over to eat as well as asparagus to put into a besan omelet, tzimmes to put into a smoothie--no, really, it's prunes and sweet potatoes--date and peanut charoset to make something Larabar-esque, and chocolate covered dates and bananas just because. Seriously, I don't need to cook for a week.

I feel humbled by my good fortune even in the throes of some stressful news. Dayenu indeed.

Deb in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment