Monday, February 19, 2024

Oops (Day 28, sort of)

I want to say "I knew I forgot to do something yesterday," but honestly I was keeping pretty busy, so I didn't "know" until my son woke me up at 1:40 AM. Well, oops.

In my defense, I was engrossed in Flowers of Fire. I am extremely proud of my Korean heritage and do think about running off to South Korea to escape, but after reading this, those fantasies have been deflated. Or maybe perversely intensified: South Korea wouldn't be a haven for me as much as yet another place that needs help.

In general, what I found last week and even more this weekend is that I am growing disenchanted with the internet as mediator of my life. I know--literally, here I am, and even my in-person friendships are strengthened by online contact. But I'm finding that I have to make time to be even social online. I'm also finding myself unsubscribing to things, and not automatically, obsessively opening things as the come into my inbox. I'm even finding myself deleting things unread. (I guess we can get to Inbox Zero through multiple means.)

All to say: I wasn't doing nothing yesterday (but I'll be back later today).

Deb in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment