Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Nice to be back (Day 37)

After a two-week hiatus, I returned to the "north" of the city, walking between Charlestown and the North End.

The view a little before 9 AM is spectacular, so much so that even my finger doesn't ruin it

I was a little less enamored of the idea of sitting the whole morning in a cafe, so I walked back and forth between the two parts of Boston, and landed, albeit reluctantly, in the Starbucks near my targeted library (which, sadly, does not open until 10). I despaired of the usual snacking choices, but then I saw the sign: Starbucks has oatmeal! Suffice to say oatmeal with almond milk, nuts, and blueberries was the best mid-morning snack I've had outside for a very long time. 

Spent most of my time at the library noodling through a couple of math problems--there's nothing like finally getting the answer after scratching your head for a while--and then pushed through a couple of pages of a YA novel I'm trying to read. This is another case of really lousy editing, which my age-appropriate son confirmed. I'm giving this another forty or so pages (it does read quickly) before I decide, but I suspect it will be returned shortly after. Still in all, a very pleasant way to spend a couple of hours "up north".

Deb in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment