Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Let's talk about... time management

November was a mixed bag for me. I was pretty ill for most of it (and still am), so there was no way I was going to finish my fifth book that month.

However, I did get into the habit of writing one thousand words per day (that seems to be my Goldilocks amount) AND I figured out how to significantly streamline my time on my computer. Check out my tips on my friend Thea Atkinson's blog for more, but be warned- I'm not telling you anything new. Clean out your inbox, use your calendar and task list, and use lists wherever you can to streamline. What might be a little different: I'm a big fan of bookmarks and I cannot say enough about how great Instapaper is.

We have only so much time. First step: decide how we want to spend it.

Why should you listen to me? Because using these tips has allowed me to spend much less time on my computer than I did before, and I think freeing up that time is a big part of why I'm writing so much more consistently than I was before.

Please enjoy those tips while I make myself yet more tea and toast...

No comments:

Post a Comment