Friday, March 22, 2024

Pro-tip: don't announce you're going to Haymarket (Day 61)

I spent too much time on the computer yesterday, and in general I feel that way a lot. Today I decided that I was going to have An Adventure, so I went to Haymarket and Boston Public Market. (Would love to show you pictures of my walk along the Charles, but this app is ridiculous with pictures, so I'm hoping you'll take my word for it.)

Adventures in Boston are extra special when the MBTA is dysfunctional, but the upshot is that I got to share a surprise bus ride with my daughter. Once we parted company, I dropped off a book at the library, walked along the river to Beacon Hill, got myself a cookie, hung out at another library (this almost balances Boston's deficits), and went shopping at Haymarket. 

My youngest son is home for spring break this week, so I offered to get him pizza from Haymarket Pizza. Alas, they are closed (again). He pleaded with me to go to Bricco in the North End, which I refused but then agreed to after my husband met me. He, it turned out, had some demands from my other son. Half an hour and a couple of shout-filled calls with the boys later, we had a sub (but not from Bricco), two chocolate chip muffins from Bova (the only place in the North End my other son likes), and then some hermits for my husband. 

Definitely an adventure. Next time I might not mention where I'm going until I get back.

Deb in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment