Wednesday, September 3, 2014

A random update on publishing, writing and editing

Let's Move On is available for pre-sale on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords. Smashwords added this feature for Indie Authors last year, and Amazon followed suit a couple of months ago, in case you're wondering.

Right now I'm working on Book Six. I'm kind of in love with the working title, but that reveal is a bit off. For now, I can tell you it's romantic suspense and that I was inspired by Danielle Ngontang's latest, Vincent Mallory Edgerton. Also, did you loathe a certain detective in The China Doll? Here's hoping this book gives him an opportunity to make up for some of that.

I've been busting a move on this. I spent most  of the summer scribbling notes to myself while my children were doing something else, and when I could writing little snippets here and there. Also, doing a fair bit of research (there are limits to "writing what you know", but this is still set in Boston). So when I found myself- finally- with time to start writing in earnest, suddenly 3000 words were down. Then 3500, then 3000 again. This morning...600. (The catch about writing something that breaks a reader's heart is that your own heart breaks too.)

The most heartbreaking part of my authorly existence? I still have to edit Book Five :(

With that in mind, I leave you with the wisdom of Joe Cocker.

No comments:

Post a Comment