Wednesday, July 17, 2024

The simple things

I don't have time (or, really, the inclination) to do Self-Care if it's a big to do that involves me going somewhere or going to any extra trouble that lasts more than five minutes. But I do enjoy the little things, like using a scrub once a week, or making sure I'm eating organic vegetables. (Maybe that's not self-care, since I consider it genuinely essential for my health. By the same token, I don't count physical therapy exercises or working out, though they do have similar effects.)

But I am definitely counting this vegan, homemade watermelon lassi that I made this morning for breakfast. (Are you in the middle of a heatwave as well? Of course you are.) I suspect I'm going to need more than this to get me through the next few hours, but right now I'm staring at this very pretty color while I take some sips, and I just want to focus on the here and now.

Deb in the City

No comments:

Post a Comment