Saturday, July 8, 2017

Seeing Sam by Kelly Moore: Book 3 of the Next August Series (Pre-order)

Blind faith sent Sam’s world spiraling. He trusted the wrong person that almost cost August and Nashville their lives. His guilt sends him on a journey to figure out who he is and what type of man he wants to be.

A once innocent, sweet young man, now faces life alone by his own choice. He rebuilds himself to be a good, strong man. An old injury threatens the use of his legs, just as he meets a beautiful brunette that will change his world again. He falls in love for the very first time with sweet, innocent Emma Flinn.

Emma has had her own tragedies in life to deal with, but she hasn’t let anything stop her from being an independent, successful woman. She’s lived in the same town her entire life and has quit hoping for prince charming to come along. Until out of the blue, Sam comes crashing into her life. They fall in love fast and hard.

Everything seems perfect to Emma, but Sam has something that he’s been hiding from her. He’s faced with a decision to either help Emma, or lose something that will cost him dearly. Sam chooses love and it rips their lives apart, leaving Emma to start over again.

Emma learns of Sam’s secret and is willing to forgive him, but will Sam let her?

Ninety-nine cents, now until July 11th




Excerpt 

Hesitantly, I let him lead me through the house.  He quietly opens the front door and the sound of the rain brings a shiver to my body.  “It’s okay, Emma.”  I try to wrap my arms around myself, but he won’t let me.  The rain pelts down in front of us, terrifying me.  He takes one of my hands in his and the other he places on his shoulder.  “Dance with me,” he says.
“You brought me out here to dance in the rain?”
“I brought you out here to hold you in the rain so you wouldn’t be scared any more.  The dancing part is a bonus.” 
I think I can hear his facial muscles pull his lips up in a grin.  I relax and sway in his arms.  “You know this means I’m only not scared with you in the rain.”
“The rain won’t hurt you, baby.  I know it was raining the night your parents died, but it wasn’t the rain that hurt them.”
My hair is dripping wet and the t-shirt is clinging to every part of my body.  I don’t care, all I care about is the man in my arms.  He swings me around and I hear the sloshing of the puddle beneath me.  I raise my face to the rain and start laughing, a deep, cathartic laugh.  I have no fear at this moment in time.  He stops dancing and places his hands on my face. 
“I love you, Emma,” he says and consumes my mouth.

---

Kelly Moore was raised in Mt. Dora, Florida, a true southern girl with a sarcastic wit. Gypsy traveling nurse by day and romantic author by night. Loves all things romantic with a little spice and humor. Loves two characters who over comes their pasts to fall in love and have a happy ending. Wife, mother, grandmother and dog lover. Travels the US in a fifth wheel making memories and making friends.